Robert Bosch Cultural Managers
The Robert Bosch Cultural Managers Network was founded at the initiative of the programs’ alumni at the meeting in Kosice 11-14 April 2013. We are a network of professional cultural managers of alumni of Robert Bosch Cultural Managers Fellowship Programs, alumni of Actors of Urban Change, and alumni of Tandem Shaml.
As a collaborative professional cultural managers’ network for cultural exchange, that values the diversity of its members, our mission is to engage in art and culture for social change and advocacy in cultural policy as well as fostering peer-to-peer capacity building and knowledge transfer among our members.
The thematic circles were around the topics below:
1. Festivalisation: Impact of International Festivals and events (like documenta14) on local scenes.
2. Artistic strategies in politics – political strategies in art: What role can art play?
3. Art and cultural education / outreach: methods and impact.
4. Active Citizenship / Small acts / Urban activism.
5. Active communities / Refugee projects / Social change.
6. Sustainability of independent spaces and structures / how to use networks and clusters.
I was invited to present a story of the transformation of Greek museums through our programme with the British Council: Transforming Future Museums alongside Sepake Angiama (Head of Aneducation team / documenta 14, previously: Manifesta St. Petersburg, also a teacher) and George Sachinis (Coordinator of Urban Dig Project / Tandem Europe Alumnus).
images courtesy of organisers: Comm'on Athens